Tuesday, October 5, 2010

New Ending to Stuck in Neutral

Crackle-crackle-crackle. I could feel my seizure creeping up on me. Why does this have to happen now? I try to hold back the seizure but I could slowly feel myself losing control. My dad had tears running down his face as my eyes look at him for a moment. He still had the pillow in his lap. I wanted to stick around to find out what was going to happen, but I slowly faded away. I woke up standing outside my room. I looked in, we both haven’t moved.  I slowly walked toward dad. “Dad, don’t do it,” I said softly.  He looked up like he had heard me. I don’t know if he really did but I continued. “I’m alive and I’m not in pain. Please let me live. I don’t want to die.”
I looked in his eyes. The tears had started again. He grabbed the pillow and stood up. I didn’t know what he was going to do next. He lifted my head and looked into my eyes. “Don’t do it.” I whispered to myself. He laid the pillow under my head and kissed me on the forehead. “I’m sorry. I should have never thought of doing that. I love you too much to lose you.” He laid next to my bed on the floor. I slipped into my body after a couple of hours to still find him there. He had fallen asleep. I laid there in the darkness and thought about how glad I was to still be alive.  I wondered what mom was going to do when she got home and found him here, but I was just glad to have someone here instead of being by myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment